All about us
William Black Funeral Directors were established in 1837 in Brechin.
The Funeral Directors were founded by the Black family whose descendants still run a furniture retail business in the town in Clerk Street, where the funeral home was first located.
In 1993, the current premises were purpose built on the site of a distillery barrel store with the car park having been the distillery pond. The original Chapel had seated around 75 people. A new Chapel was developed capable of accommodating up to 150 people and was seen as a major step forward.
In 1997, William Black Funeral Directors was sold and Gordon Wilson, funeral director for 20 years decided to retire.
“William Black Funeral Directors have retained their well established name so familiar with the people of Brechin and Angus and Robin Palmer having remained with the business for more than 20 years caring for and supporting the local community.”